July Examinations at Brighton Ballet School
Pay your examination fees and exam day fees here.
You must pay these fees by 11th June 2022 at the latest
Once you are entered for the examination no refunds of exam fees, exam day costs or uniform purchases can be refunded as these costs are paid out in advance.
Each exam candidate needs to pay the BBO Examination fee AND the exam day & dress rehearsal fee of £44.00.
Please ensure you have completed the exam entry form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfg6em_TQWVWuq168qcsDAwWmVEnC59vFZYW7x73vc9Xd8TgQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
Examination Dates :
Compulsory Dress Rehearsal: 9th July 2022
Exam Date : 16th July 2022
Venue : Dance Studio, BHASVIC Sixth Form College, Old Shoreham Road Hove, BN3 6EG
Digital Exam Dates :
Compulsory Dress Rehearsal : 26th June 2022
Exam Date : 3rd July 2022
What to Expect
- You will need to arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of your examination so that we can get you ready in time.
- Anyone arriving late may not be permitted to take their examination as we cannot guarantee that we can get you ready in time.
- We will put your hair up for you. Please do not try and do your own bun as it may not be exam compliant or to a good enough standard.
- These exams are similar to those run by mainstream education facilities. An external examiner will visit the school from our teaching organisation BBO Dance.
- Students will be entered in groups of 4 (we will rehearse in our groups after half term)
- Teachers will not be present in the exam room.
- The examiner may announce the exercise for the candidates but candidates really must know all the syllabus thoroughly to pass.
- Results usually take between 6 – 12 weeks to get back from BBO Dance
- Candidates will receive a personal report offering feedback, a badge and a certificate
- BBO dance exams carry UCAS points, (excluding Primary Ballet Level)
- You can purchase access to the syllabus content (including written syllabus, video, music and theory questions) from ourselves. Please ask the office for more information.
- It is compulsory to wear the correct exam uniform. This must be purchased through our school shop.
BBO Exam Uniform
You must purchase a BBO exam leotard for the level you are taking (or adult exam leotard equivalent) from our school shop. We also require you to purchase exam compliant ballet shoes, ballet socks or tights, and ribbons from our shop. Everyone must be wearing an exam uniform which is compliant and identical. We will put your hair into a bun or style it if it is shorter. You may need to purchase a headband if you have a fringe or shorter hair. You will need to purchase good quality bun pins and bun net. You can get a complete pack of hair essentials that you will need for your exam from our shop.
Due to the nature of the pandemic and the constantly changing situation that unfolds on a daily basis this may change at short notice.
Please keep yourself up to date with the latest information by joining the Brighton Ballet School mailing list and keeping an eye on the Covid-19 information page on the website.
In the event of a local or national lockdown classes will either continue to be provided on line or your fees will be held in lieu of reopening at a future date.
No refunds or credits will be offered any these circumstances, even in the event of you/your child’s inability to attend on the exam date.
Please refer to our full Terms & Conditions for more information.