Intermediate Foundation Ballet Class
For Teenagers & Adults
Date : 4th June 2021
Time : 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Venue : BHASVIC Sixth Form College, Dance Studio, Dyke Road/Old Shoreham Road, Hove
Level of experience : This class is perfect for teenagers and adults who are returning to ballet having danced as children or have a minimum of 4 – 5 years previous ballet experience, or completed an examination at Grade 5 or Intermediate Foundation Ballet level in any Syllabus. We will partly follow the British Ballet Organisation Intermediate Foundation Ballet Syllabus, but there will be a large component of non-syllabus free-work. Students will build on the skills and technique required at this level in this challenging fast paced class, teaching a new repertoire of steps, building strength, coordination and musicality in the dancer.
What to wear: Students should wear either the Brighton Ballet School Adult Uniform or leotard and pink tights of their choice. Please check our shop page for all our dancewear essentials.
Brighton Ballet School Teachers and their representatives reserve the right to refuse entry to any student who is deemed inappropriately dressed for the class they wish to take.
To be eligible for an 16+ student discount at Brighton Ballet School you must be aged 16 or over, registered with an education establishment and be :
- • A full-time student registered and studying on a higher education course with a university or college
- • Enrolled on a full-time course made up of at least 15 tuition-led and/or structured learning hours a week over at least 14 weeks
- • Receiving NHS bursary money*, either as a full-time or part-time student,
- • A full-time postgraduate student (for example, studying or writing up for 15 or more hours a week)
- • Possess a valid NUS, or student card with at least 6 weeks of your course remaining.
*Proof of such receipt must be provided.