Health & Safety
Let’s stay safe!
Find out what we have put in place to keep our families, students and staff safe.
A message from Sonya, Principal of Brighton Ballet School
Keeping everyone safe!
We understand that for many the easing of restrictions in the United Kingdom is welcomed but may also bring anxiety to some of our students and their families. We would like to reassure you that we remain committed to keeping you and your families safe, and therefore we will continue to use the following measures at our venues, and would ask that you and your families do their best to adhere to them when ever possible.
Join us for a class:
- We would ask that anyone over the age of 11 continue to wear a facemarks in shared spaces if they can.
- Please sanitise or wash your hands upon entering and exiting the dance studio
- Please do not attend the studio if you suspect you may have any infectious diseases such as chicken pox, measles, mumps, rubella, pneumonia, or a chest infection, we have members of staff, children and parents in the school who are vulnerable.
- Please do not attend the studio if you suspect you have Covid-19.
- Please do not attend the studio if you have have suffered vomiting or diarrhea within 48 hours before your class.
- Please head to the sports centre. The dance studio is located upstairs. Please wait there to be collected by a member of our staff.
- Children will be collected from the bottom of the fire escape at the end of their class. If it is raining you can wait in the main sports centre foyer
- BBS staff continue to wear masks in shared spaces and close contact as much as feasibly possible.
- We will continue to clean the dance studio in-between classes and groups
- We ask those over the age of 11 years of age to wear a face mask if they can, to prevent the spread of infectious diseases such as Covid.
- We will continue to only permit parents of students aged 5 years and below into the studio to reduce congestion
- We will continue to use a one-way system of drop off and collection to avoid congestion
- Free flow air, with windows open and modified small particle air conditioning will be in use at all times.
- All students will be asked to check in with names and contact numbers as per our risk assessment policy.
Online Dance Studio continues to grow!
Our sister-school Online Dance Studio continues to offer classes for adults and children in ballet, pilates and Progressing Ballet Technique online. Please do visit the onlinedancestudio.dance website to find out more.
What about exams?
We are currenty planning our next set of examinations in the dance studio hosted by our examining board, BBO Dance. The next exam dates are on :
16th July 2022
(dress rehearsal on 9th July 2022
Thank you for your continued support. I would like to wish you and your family my very best wishes.
Stay safe, stay strong, keep dancing!